Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Let's Hear It For The Boys (or, Platonic Heart-Smiles)



My old neighbor Chelsea (I miss you girl, come back to my hallway!) uses the phrase “you make my heart smile” a lot, and I have since adopted it. I’m gonna devote a little space to the boys that make my heart smile. Platonically.

I’ve come to realize that the guy friends I have in my life are truly wonderful. While I have always had a fantastic dad and several other great “father figures” in my life, I consider these guys the big brothers I never had. There’s something to be said for spending a huge chunk of your time with a bunch of sweet, Godly young men who also happen to: be hilarious; always know how to make me feel better; know me enough to tell the difference between when I’m actually “fine” and when I’m having a bad day; can tell me that I look pretty without any connotation; give good hugs; open doors; stick up for me and, yes, lift heavy things (I freely admit to being an absolute wimp).

So, to all those boys that have been placed in my life right now (you know who you are), I love you. Thanks for being a great example of what Christian young men should be in so many ways (even though you’re idiots sometimes). I’m pretty sure that I won’t “end up” with any of you, but nevertheless, I hope that “that guy” reminds me of you guys in a lot of ways. And I’m sure some of you will need to approve of him before anything serious happens.

Thanks for being around, guys. You make my heart smile.


-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment